Тренуємо англійську: escape
I think everybody knows about Escape Quest Games that are very popular nowadays and I hope at least some of you have already tried this fascinating activity. So, let`s talk about the verb escape.
Escape from = втекти звідкись/від когось чи чогось
Don`t even try to escape from boarding school as you will have big troubles.
Escape something = уникати чогось
An 11-year-old kid fakes kidnapping toescape exam.=)
Now try to fill in the gaps with the preposition from where it is necessary:
1. She managed to escape _____ the burning car.
2. He escaped _____ prison this morning.
3. She was lucky to escape _____ punishment.
4. His family escaped _____ Germany and arrived in Britain in 1938.
5. She saw university as a way to escape _____ her parents.
6. Two security guards escaped _____ injury in the attack.
7. The cinema allowed people to escape _____ the depressing realities of their lives.