Тренуємо англійську: scared of
Scared of + noun /V-ing/to-V = боятись
I`m scared of spiders/crashing/to crash.
Scared by = бути наляканим чимось
I was scared by the explosion.
Now try to fill in the gaps with the correct preposition.
1. My younger brother is scared ___ unknown people.
2. She was too scared ___ rise her voice.
3. He never drives at night, he is scared ___ falling asleep.
4. I didn`t go hiking. I was scared ___ injuring my knees.
5. I am too scared ___ stay alone in this house.
6. Shoppers in a mall were scared ___ a stranger touching their shoulder from behind.
What about your fears? Write what you are scared of using all 3 possible variants (noun /V-ing/to-). I`ll start:
I am scared of spiders and all bugs.
I am really scared of walking in darkness, especially along the street.
I can also say that I`m scared to be injured as I`m scared of pain as well=)
So, it`s your turn!